Sunday, April 23, 2006

Whooohoo!

So, almost 2 weeks since my last post. Pretty much stuff and new things to talk about, so I'll try to put them down here as well as I can remember them. :)


I had my NS Medical Screening on the 10th, and it was a new experience indeed. I walked into the CMPB (Central ManPower Base) building, and after a quick phototake in the army dress-uniform top, I was whisked off to registration, and then to the urine tests. Kinda weird having to force myself to urinate into a small plastic bottle, then dip some indicator strip inside for a while and show it to the medical officers after that. After that was the finger pricking test where they prick your index finger to draw some blood out to test for the amount of haemoglobin. Although I knew my blood type (O), I was unable to produce proof so I had to take the blood test too.


Next up was a dental examination, and dental X-ray. I was wearing the VJC "Filmmakers" orientation T-shirt, and one (probably bored) medtech asked me if I was a "Filmmaker" and wondered if there was such a CCA. LOL. :D The dental X-ray was a whole new sensation. Standing there, biting on something (can't remember), then have the scanner revolve around your head...


After that, chest X-rays, where we had to go topless for a while, and then your standard eye tests... And ten, the hearing test. Basically you're supposed to enter a cabin and put on headphones, and the technician will send sound pulses through the earphone from the very low to the very high pitches, and you should raise your hand when you hear them. It's done very quickly, so my arms were like up, down, up, down, up, down... I passed that too.


The last few stations required us to go topless again, for this test which I think will diagnose if there are any irregularities in heartbeat (through devices with weird sucking cups while lying on a bed) and whatnot. Height and weight, pulse rate and so on were measured too, I think I had an abnormally high pulse because I was pretty nervous then (no idea why :P). However, right around this time, the computer system crashed so in that room a whole bunch of us topless guys sat there waiting. Some muscular, some not that in shape (like me :P) and so on. The Ah Bengs talked, the JC students SMSed, I tried to make small talk, failed, then SMSed... :P.


The final station was the checking of the *ahem* private parts. Horror stories about erm... certain... "arousing" measures, fantasies of sexy nurses and doctors were all untrue, all you had to do was (please do not read on if you don't feel like it, scroll down!) pull down your pants and underwear, cough and then everything's okay. My dad says your testicles (for lack of better word) will bounce or something, if it doesn't it indicates a bad kidney/bladder. I hereby disclaim all responsiblity for whatever happens, and I sincerely hope I haven't leaked out a national secret that might have compromised the security of our country.


All in all I took about 2 hours, (unlike horror stories of 9am start, 5pm leave CMPB) and was certified PES B (Physical Employability Scheme). Basically it qualifies me for everything except the Commandos (like hell I'd want to to join :P Sorry. :P). There wasn't enough time for the vocational tests done on a computer (It was only 1530, I was sure they had time, the clerk was sleeping!) so I had to return on the 17th...


Next event: Sports Day! On the 13th. It was boring at first, but in the end, fun as I took over mascot duties from Eugene leaving him free to do housecomm stuff. YAY! FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN! Plus people laughing and saying the suit was cute, yay! LOL. Mascot two years in a row yay woohoo! Didn't run the mascot race (Eugene did that), but I was running around, doing silly things, even winning the Caterpillar Race as part of Draco Team! (Basically mascot leads the line, everyone else is tied to each other by rope around their legs, I was running blind so Alan had to drag me -> I figured out how to stuff my specs in later though) Yaay... This was a fun-filled day! (Getting pushed around by Mr Chow wasn't fun :P I wished I had my "gaffi stick" with me to whack him with. Woo! Managed to rope in the Lynx (Ivan) and Aquila (Er Jian) to do mass dance, we first did it in the middle of Aquila, then up on the grandstand behind the mass dance leads (I tripped over Aquila's trophies though, still pretty blind. Hope I don't get hated for this :P). It was funny as we tried to do it in our full suits which weren't very mobile, but Mr Seet stopped it short to clear up. So no Friendship Dance; I had wanted to do that with Ivan for kicks. :P


Aaaaannnddd... Good Friday. Yes, I made good my promise to watch UltraViolet, sadly Jonathan couldn't make it, so did those whom I tried to call and invite last-minute. So I watched it alone. It's a little late now to talk about it, and I'm lazy, so a quick review: The story's so-so, mostly because it was cut to 88 minutes. You can check it out on Wikipedia! The action's good, but you must know what to look out for. The so-called "Gun-Kata 2.0" was superb! While Equilibrium's GunKata (see waaay early post last year on that, I'm quite sure I blogged it :P) was rather stiff and restricted, in UltraViolet it was fluid. So Milla Jovovich was basically dancing all over the place taking out tons of baddies, who have cool costumes! I want! Otherwise, I bought myself a Lunamaria file (REAL CUTE ARTWORK! :D) and some plastic sheet with Meyrin and Luna... the guy at the Cineleisure shop says its exclusive to Japan, so although I had no use for it I bought it. Blew like 20+ bucks in a few hours alone... gosh.

Sunday was normal, Monday I returned back to CMPB to take the vocational test on computer. Pretty dumb actually, it's basically an IQ test, tests you physics, patterns and stuff. (Okay I admit some took me a while to think :P). But there were so many questions, so little time. Usually less than a minute for each, so I didn't finish any section except one with patterns.

And then the week was boring. Finally managed to start training for AR again, but somehow the soles of my feet hurt. Coach says I don't have enough stamina, so more training for me... Darn. The Straits Times has been pretty evil these days, coming up with "news" on the reason behind Jonathan's suicide. Quite sad that they made it so obvious he was from VJ, and reopening wounds, although (please don't read on if you find this offensive) I would say, the reason is pretty... laughable. But oh well... screw the media... sensitive issue indeed. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech in my opinion, it's about judging whether it's right to post such news. Grr... Okay enough for now. Don't hate me, my friends!

Hmm, and then, today! (rather, yesterday i.e. Saturday...) Trained in the morning, then met up with Jin Yong and friends (Chu Kian, Joseph, Wei Xuan, Tan Wei Quan, Kai Him, Benjamin Seng, Min Khai, Ming Yong, Chia Wei -> hopefully I missed no one) to play soccer with Liu Yun who came back from Canada. Apparently there was a miscommunication, he thought it was Sunday so he didn't come, so the very purpose of why we met to play soccer evaporated almost immediately, but we still did, first at some void deck :P then on a semi muddy, sandy field with holes all over poked by soccer boots. Come to think of it, I think I was first notified it was today, that is, Sunday (it's 00:58 Sunday as I am writing this). Fun soccer we had. :D When we migrated to the field, however, some group of professional-looking guys ins occer gear approached us wanting to play. But in the end we played our own, and they their own game, then they got approached by a filming crew with boom mikes and all. :) Looked like some film or media studies students to me, but hmm.. oh well. :) They should film us too, the motley crew! :P Ahh... Whee... then the dance concert at night! Being lazy and stuff (yes, again!) to write in detail, I shall summarise this: It was money well spent, and feast for the eyes! Eye candy galore! Oooohhh.... One day, you shall all be mine! I shall have a harem of hot girls! *falls off chair in heady fantasy*... OUCH! Okay, back to reality...

Ciao for now! :)

PS: Sunabouzu rocks my socks! :D

"Boin na hitotsu... Boin na futatsu... Okii boin mou hitotsu..." :) YAY! (lazy romaji text from Sunabouzu's ED1 :), 'cos I'm lazy to use Japanese text. :P)

No comments: