Monday, May 29, 2006

"Command! Come in, Command! Security at Outer Perimeter Alpha Ten has been compromised!"

A post title with no link to the contents. Ah who cares :P. So, here to blog about... THE 'A' DIVISION SOCCER FINALS BETWEEN VJC AND MJC (Meridian Junior College) ON THE 25TH OF MAY! A highly emotional match, which resulted in our resounding victory over MJC with a score of 4-2 (sweet revenge for last year, if I might say :) )

Both sides were cheering fervently for their teams, and when MJC scored in the first half, a lot of us were very disappointed and sad. Being the giver-upper that I am, I thought that all was lost. Then came an equaliser in the 2nd half! Our spirits rose, and I was hoping we'd score one more, or win the penalty shoot-out unlike last year. Then they scored once again. But, after some minutes of fast-paced football, we broke through MJC's defence and delivered two goals within 4 minutes! Everyone was cheering like crazy then (gosh, even my eye-candy! :P) Don't really know who scored because I didn't pay attention to who did everything. Heard that it was Andy, Brandon, John Mark and er... someone else. (Sorry I can't remember! And if someone can correct me/provide me with the correct info, I'll be grateful)

And we were happy, because we knew there'd be a full day off the next day! After that, my classmates went to some place near Jalan Besar Stadium to eat. I didn't know that, and stayed back to help the student councillors clear up. Thanks to Daniel, my efforts were acknowledged with cheers and stuff. Hehe, whatever huh? :) I went back to school with them councillors observing the racket they made on the bus back. Very very interesting, I got wind of several scandals... aha! After this, my opinion of this new batch of councillors (the Year Ones) has changed quite some bit. Mmm. (okay guys, whatever I said before about you all and stuff, I guess I'll just take my words back and eat them! My heartfelt apologies)

Headed down to Parkway Parade's food court after all the packing was done. To date, this shall be known as the greatest Independent Society achievement ever: crashing a SC dinner :) Wheex! Not too bad, I got to know more of them, and we made small talk. I like theses stuffs.
I was still pretty high when I reached home, until... I discovered that I lost my Singapore Open towel! Concluding that I left it at the stadium, I contemplated taking a taxi back to look for it, but decided not to. That pissed me off and made me pretty sad. And that night's episode of Sunabouzu made it worse. See review below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sunabouzu (Desert Punk) Episode 20: Reverse and Convenience (Ura to Ben)
This episode starts off with Kanta waking up on a hospital bed all bandaged up. Junko comes in, dressed up as a nurse, but the semi-delirious Kanta thinks it isn't possible and theorises that he might be in heaven. He falls unconscious again, only to wake up later to see Taiko dressed in a cute schoolgirl outfit.

Realising that he is alive and kicking, he got down to getting information from Taiko. Taiko explains that Natsuko and the others have formed an anti-government organisation known as the Underground Handymen Union (UHU) to start a revolt against the government... right at their very doorstep. Kaidou Masaru then comes in and tries to persuade him to join, as does Natsuko. But he is unmoved, and cites his own (what can be considered, selfish -> he's a bastard anyway) reasons for not joining. Then he is shown the leader of the UHU. It is none other than the Life Game old man they met several episodes ago, _insertnamehere_! (:P I forgot).
They get down to discussion, and while Natsuko doubts he would join, Kanta is convined otherwise (I think he finallly decided to trust the old man seeing that he was DEAD SERIOUS in revolting against the government for a better future. I don't exactly understand why he joined up with them though). Anyway, Kanta agrees to work in concert with the UHU, and is later presented with upgraded equipment by none other than Seiji Tanigawa whom they met a couple of episodes earlier. Apparently due that brush Sunabouzu (Kanta) had with his company, the government was tracking Kanta down for elimination. Junko runs around with the perverted Kanta a bit, but this is of no importance.

Anyway, with their upgraded "SP" equipment, Kanta proclaims that Taiko has completed her training and has become a full fledged Handyman. He hands her his rocket-propelled grappling hook device, and directs her to join up to repel the attacks up front, while he proceeds to the rear because he felt that the main body of the attack would come that way. (Quote: "WE'LL show them how REAL Handymen fight!") Thus, the both of them separate, running in opposite directions (and with silly faces drawn on their helmets.

One of the government-operated androids is seen (Ayukawa), and he takes out a lot of the rebels. Masaru, then Natsuko engage in hand-to-hand combat with the android but are beaten badly... until Kosuna comes in with the rocket anchor and delivers a kick to the robot, who was preventing our rebel leaders from escaping via truck. She gets tangled up with Samesuke, but is freed by Natsuko. They manage to escape...

Meanwhile, Kanta is wading through a lot of dead bodies, having been proven right once again. He treads cautiously through the ruins, but is still ambushed by Samesuke (yet another uber-android)(or was it Ayukawa who killed him?), who drives its hand into his guts, impaling him. Kanta collapses to the ground, blood pooling around him. Back on the truck, Junko (?) asks Taiko where Kanta is. Natsuko remarks that he probably ran away, and receives a slap from Taiko who tells everyone angrily that Kanta went off to the rear to assist in repelling the main force assault. Taiko believes very much in her teacher, and for a moment, she heard his voice in the wind (or did it come from the helmet? Thinking that he needed help, Taiko jumps out of the truck to run back but was stopped by Masaru.

Then, a huge explosion rips apart the base, and a mushroom cloud arises from the ruins. Taiko screams...

-> Very emotional too, and the fastest lead character death I've seen in my lifetime. Sunabouzu, albeit a perverted, greedy and selfish person, was honourable in the last moments of his life... That was pretty darned sad.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't manage to do much after that and went to sleep.

The next day, Friday, we went to school to listen to Mrs Chan announce that we had a day off to celebrate! The entire school was happy, and helped along by VJC IComp's video of the goals and things like that. I did ask the SC Year Ones to keep a lookout for my towel... Mass dance, and Geography field trip briefing. I headed down to Jalan Besar, gettting off at the stop indicated by streetdirectory.com (I planned to stop earlier but failed to do so), and walked around, lost for a bit before finding the stadium.

After slipping through the locked gates (:P) I made my way to where I last saw the towel. It wasn't there. The admin office told me to look for the cleaner when I went down, and he sent me back to admin. I left my number with them hoping I'd find it (it's a good towel, plus I was attached to it). I later returned to DHS and walked around, meeting juniors and teachers along the way. Things have changed a lot, DHS has become more open and liberal now. I saw sling bags and even black school shoes, which were banned when I was a student there. Must be because Mr Kiw retired from his post as Discipline Master, and the principal change. I saw classes cheering for the classmates, and students (not student leaders like the Prefects) planning school events, which I don't remember ever happening during my 4 years there. Even Mr Kiw's English suddenly became very very good (Don't think he was that good in the first place)! So even he has changed. Some of the vendors (even the cleaner, one of them -> he wanted to treat me to lunch but I declined) still recognised me, and I ate in school.

There wasn't any Scouting activity to allow them to prepare for their Thailand trip. So I ended up going to Kampong Arang (the food centre) with Xing Zhi to enjoy some Iced Jelly and stuff. Gosh, I haven't had that in a real LONG time... We chatted, and parted later on. I think after this batch of DHS Sec 4s (two years younger than me) graduate, I won't be able to know or recognise anyone else, since Idon't know the juniors (who are 3 years younger than me) very well... and I don't even know the younger ones.

Mr Tan Tui Gee was still as funny as ever, he was actually "auctioning" off class ranking positions to people who had the marks! Funny. It's a good way to enourage students, I realised. His class was equally spontaneous and participative as well... Mmm Go Mr Tan! (While standing outside the classroom he thought I wanted to look for him, I told him not, but still I feel bad for interupting his "auction". :D He's a real funny guy anyway.

Then I went home, headed down to National Skin Centre for yet another checkup, and then got a haircut before finally returning home at 6pm. *sighs*

Then came Saturday, where I did a 9.17 average (total 550 :) for training for the first time in my life. Now if I can sustain that... Mmm. Now what else did I miss? I can't seem to remember, my memory is failing me.

Missing playing the games of old (text-based games can get boring) I decided to install some. I managed to get my friend's Red Alert Retaliation installed (I borrowed it years ago :P) but obviously it couldn't run on XP, and crashed. *sighs again*

And today, nothing much. But there was this music video which I saw half of on Channel 8, at around 2pm. It's J-pop definitely, but I cannot identify who they are! Gosh, the video was HOT! Excellent, sensual dance moves. :) Ohhhhh yeahhhh. :P Can someone identify that trio of sirens? :D

Update at 1430: I got it, it IS Koda Kumi with Soulhead! Song title is D.D.D. Sexy! Now if someone would pass to me that video...

Back home from tuition, packing stuff for geog trip now, whee! Going to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for some studies. That should be all, see you guys next post!

No comments: