I fell sick a couple of days ago and ended up with a sore throat, which turned into a flu of some sorts and made me miss school for a bit. I'm still coughing now, with loads and loads of phlegm, it's so irritating.
Anyway, a little late here, but I'm glad that a ceasefire has been reached in Lebanon. Will it last? I certainly hope so. Looking at what's transpired thus far, I think Hizbollah has achieved a greater victory over Israel. Their rocket firing capabilities do not seem to have diminished during the course of the 34-day war, and they inflicted casualties, and bogged down Israel's vastly superior (numerically, and technologically) military, which once trounced Arab armies. It's like what the Americans experienced in Iraq...
On the other hand, Israel failed to gain much ground, and now has to hand over the areas to the UN and Lebanese peacekeepers. But it has shown that it would go to arms to remove such an opponent, and, perhaps, they did hit Hizbollah hard enough to reduce its capabiities a little. The threat will always be around, but hopefully with the UN peacekeepers around Hizbollah won't try to do much to Israel, which would indirect achieve what Israel set out to do: Neutralise the threat of Hizbollah, at least along south Lebanon, I think... Olmert's approval rating seems to have fallen, and the unity during that short war seems to be disntegrating. But they are accustomed to war, I've read about entire families who have served in the army before, and know what it's like. They are a resilient people, as are the Lebanese.
So perhaps both sides scored a measure of victory of some sorts. The biggest losers, I guess, are the civilians. *sighs* They have to live with everything, and bear the pain of the loss of their loved ones, their assets, in the ensuing crossfire. Hizbollah fighters are now turning their efforts to rebuilding, a move which would definitely gain them more support. Their refusal to disarm, perhaps... I don't know. Could be good, or bad...
That was my quick, short reflections on the entire thing. I may have missed out a point or two because I was too lazy to think harder, and also forgot some of my points, but here I bear no offense to anyone.
*************************************************************
Yesterday, after entering the side gate to home, from school, I saw that stray (female) cat hanging around (Maybe I should name her...). Since I had some time, I went to play with her. :) Mmm... she's an affectionate one. (If she could turn into a girl, LOL! :) ). Then I heard some girls gushing, like "ohmygodlookatthecatit'ssocute!!!111!!1". It was... I don't know. I felt good. :) I turned around to see two girls from the nearby CHIJ (Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus?) Katong Convent on the overhead bridge near my house, looking across at the cat and me. Whee! Hehe. At that distance, I couldn't tell if they were good-looking... (see? I'm a bastard pervert :P) Haha!
*************************************************************
And, check this out! According to Wikipedia's news (at this link) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_redefinition_of_planet, 3 more planets have been added to the solar system with the release of the new (read: draft) definition of a planet! Their names thus far are Charon (a double planet with Pluto -> ??), Ceres and 2003UB313 (nicknamed Xena -> anyone can teach me how to type subscript?). But this doesn't end here, for when the final definiton comes out, we might even have like, 53 planets! Hmm...
I've always believed in the existence of extraterrestrial life, be they other humans (possible?), or alien lifeforms out there. Could they be doing the same thing, searching for us... or even, watching us? When will we make contact?
Food for thought, eh? Signing off. :)
Note to self: I got to know Aneru (Beatrice Chia Qian Ru, my godsister of sorts, heh!) :D in October 2004 (I think) after posting my email on her blog because I was... impressed. From then on, we became fast friends. Such an interesting way to know people huh? Online... Mmm. I fear I'd forget.
Additional Note at 2348: I was checking out my hit counter... very interesting! I've got even Israelis looking at my blog now. Another (procastinatory) note to self: I must update my blogs list... even Erjian has gotten me tagged. I wonder how he found my blog, heh. :) Signing off once again at 2357. Whee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment