Went out with dear Aneru on Saturday. Ate, went to the beach to chat, and had a couple of driving mishaps along the way (My fault, mostly. Heh.) Stupid cyclist hit my wing mirror for very minor damage, then later sending her home I missed the Kallang MRT stop, and wrongly entered a slip road off PIE to head to CTE in the wrong way. Bad experience on CTE all the way to her home. It's really packed with vehicles! I'm going to avoid the CTE seven ways to Sunday from now on. Maaan... Thank goodness the trip home was easier.
Had my cousins come over today for a "housewarming" of sorts. Felt bored after everyone left so I ended up watching part of this japanese movie which was being broadcast on Arts Central's (now okto) FilmArt. It's a 2006 movie, titled "Udon", in which aspiring stand-up comedian Matsui Kosuke tries to make it big in New York, but fails and returns home to Sanuki, in Kagawa Prefecture, (which incidentally has a large concentration of udon shops) after 6 years. His stubborn father is displeased, and later on, in order to pay his debts, Kosuke has to work at a local magazine where he meets Miyagawa Kyoko (Konishi Manami - I paid attention to her real name because she's kinda cute hehehehe xD). Through a series of events, Kosuke and co. start a nationwide fad with udon, and see it through the end. Kosuke has to confront his father with his true feelings as the fad dies down... -> This is a rather bare-bones summary. It's a feel-good, warm and comedic documentary (90% shot on-location in Kagawa Prefecture itself -> did this start Japan's obsession with udon? I kinda crave a bowl now). I laughed, and teared... too emotional, I must be. :P. There was a pseudo-anime section about the fictitious character of Captain Udon, the fight scene was an obvious homage to The Matrix.
IMO, a real nice movie (feel-good movies usually garner good reviews from me :P). No place to buy and stuff though, only can watch at online archives, I guess, if I want to remember stuff.
Other than these I haven't really been doing much all these days. What should I do?
0235: Am looking at Denys and John's (still around but posting has stopped) blog, the January entries, and reminiscing about the fun things my orientation group did in schoole ven after orientation ended. Mass MSN conversations, outings and the like. I won't want to froget those days... Got me laughing. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment