Finally, the day has come, where I finish my 1 year 10 months and reunite with the little pink card I surrendered upon entering Pulau Tekong. My Identification Card! Somehow, the day doesn't feel as dramatic nor as big as it should be, maybe because I've been clearing so much off these few days at home (although i returned to camp a lot in the last week) that it undermines how ORD day should be. I drove (Mom's car) to camp the previous night to sleep one last time (and also no need to wake up early to go to camp from home), then got all the required signatures in the morning, had breakfast, and went to collect my Certificate of Service and my IC. Me, Boon Tat and Samuel Tan convoyed back to parade square to talk some cock, before rushing a group of Command Comms guyes (the newbies, they still have a long way to go! *sighs*) to horn and shout "ORD LOH!" from our cars (with the other Feb 9 ORD people and for me, the March ORDers who took off on that day).
I started feeling melancholic on the way back, and reminisced about days in BMT, Signal Institute, Driving Course and whatnot. All those exercises... I want to blog about what I was thinking, but I have forgotten/am too lazy to put it in now. As well as what I have to say to everybody whom I've met. Planned this a long time ago but at this juncture, I lose steam. How's that? 算了吧, anyway I've ORD-ed, no?
Am already missing all the stuff we did during full-time national service. Despite all the mental anguish I had gone through, I managed to hold out. This is very much thanks to my friends and relatives and accquaintances who have allowed me to bitch a lot to them (you know who you are!). Without you guys around for me to bug (sorry to disturb, eh? :), I might have just crumpled.
Lazy me says, "ORD LOH!"
Time to get a job or something. And I feel guilty for posting this because I'm making short work of what I actually want to do. Posting short-cut haha. Nowadays I seldom really want to blog long... Especially when I'm gaming. :/ Oh, and time to unpack. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment