So this week I'm officially done and not tied down with much things. No work, AYG finished, so I got the time to chill out at home, spent on Wikipedia, Youtube, returning to that frustrating Silent Hunter 4 (not too bad now that I have the 5 incher and 40mms on my sub), and discovering what caramelldansen is all about, among others. Did I mention that I watched Transformers with Jason and gang the week before? If no, it's because it is too insignificant to talk about. American military hardware porn, loud and noisy. I thought the 'bots looked more alive this time round though, great work on the animation for their eyes...
I got accepted into the Bachelor of Communications course offered by University of Newcastle, but it's a conditional offer and I need to pass Year 1 at PSB Academy first. This means returning to my greatest enemy, Mathematics. The euphoria of finally being given a stab at a degree kinda died down once reality kicked in. So I really need to work hard this time round, for Phase II of my plan to come to fruition: to complete the final year on-campus in Newcastle, Australia itself. Ganbatte watashi! Meanwhile, at least a candle has now been lit in the once-dark room, where my dreams and occasional fantasy/scenario setting can have a wee bit more colour than before. Is good.
I went back to SYOGOC on Wednesday for the CAN! Click briefing which got pushed forward without my knowledge. So I stuck around to chat and say my final final goodbyes, and helped out San San with some phone calls to volunteers after being hinted at multiple times by Radha. Kekekeke. :P Thursday was dinner with Jason, two of his buddies from the Army, and Matheus whom I have not seen in ages since BMT ended, this muscleman is now studying in Australia and having a whale of a time there. Awesome shit, dude.
Friday was AYG Volunteer Appreciation, which I thought would be kinda party-like. Was itching to do caramelldansen live. :P But it was not to be. We collected our certificates and limited edition Frasia plushie, and then sat through thank-you speeches by Mr Ng Ser Miang and Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean. Then they treated us to Stefanie Sun's concert - which means we got to preview her concert on Friday for free unlike those who bought tickets to her real concert the next day. Some of her fans from Hong Kong managed to 'infiltrate' the scene, but Hong Jun tells me some tickets are usually set aside for fan clubs so they can send people in to show support for their idols.
While I am not a Stefanie Sun fan (although I believe her First Day is a must-have for every concert -> makes people high), I think her singing is pretty good! Assuming no on-scene microphone editing and whatnot, she sounds as good live as from the radio/CDs. Sadly, I thought that the experience for our non-Chinese friends was marred, because Stefanie was more comfortable speaking and singing in Mandarin, (she did do an English song, and Nathan Hartono did two as well). I noticed some people leaving halfway, making the Indoor Stadium even emptier. Those who stayed made the best out of what they had. I saw some Malays getting high and pumped up by songs like First Day. A bunch sitting behind me were rather irritating since they were being rather obnoxious. They didn't leave, but made comments like "Lady Gaga poser!!" (I understand where that came from -> her first appearance was in a blonde wig) and things like that throughout.
Well, at least I got a free concert. Will upload the photos when I feel like it. :)
->Twice in two weeks I go into the Indoor Stadium to sit. It's like, the first time to the Indoor Stadium in my entire life! Hehe.
And there was Saturday! Being free and all, I signed up for the CAN! Event (CAN! Click this time round, theme is Digital Media, with the preview of the Virtual World and all) to help out (already decided to do so in my last days at SYOGOC). My assignment kinda got messed up, but Ephraim got me to help out with postcard sticking, which I did after helping Adrian preload the Flash game submissions. For the majority of the event, however, I was at the Coke booth with volunteers from NYP like Linda, and MSP's Joyce (! :). I never had so much fun giving out Coke and Sprite bottles especially towards the end where we leh-longed them all to clear stock. :) Kekeke. Stayed back to help pack up, take photos and sent the CEP people off squeezing in Daniel's rented van. An awesome display of team spirit came when the Communications and Media people (Amanda and co.) realised they hadn't made a backup of a file on a laptop they had used. All the 40 laptops had been consolidated, so all of us jumped in to boot them ALL up to hunt for that elusive Excel spreadsheet. Someone announced a bounty of $5 for the file, which I thought I found (but it wasn't it), but ended up with the lappie Sharmayne picked. This is teamwork, I tell you!
And today, while going home from Takashimaya, I walked past a bunch of people who were drumming up a beat (with 4 models - 3 female 1 male sashaying in front) to create attention for Orchard Central (new mall?). The beat was awesome, and they were high, reminded me of what we interns did for Volunteer Day.
And so ends my observations for this week. Already filled it in and accepted their offer, will be sending it in tomorrow. Jiayu, signing off now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment