Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wake Me Up, When September Ends...

(This was finally posted on the 27th of September 2009) It's been a long, fucking month. Some weeks went amazingly, some, perhaps a bit of a downer but perhaps it's my attitude that's been causing it. Anyway, school has been busy, and life in general passes me by. Let me try to remember what I did for the whole of September.


Everything start off from the very first weekend, the 5th. It was an adventure! (I went along and helped my Indonesian classmates celebrate another Indonesian, Randie's 18th birthday by giving a surprise at his home, then tying him up and raping him :P Those crazy girls and soya sauce... gosh. Poor Randie had to bathe again after that, but I'm sure it would be memorable for him. And I spent some time at his home the day before, too (the 4th, Friday). Then it was cycling at East Coast, where I was made to walk a lot because my fellow schoolmates dropped off at the wrong bus stop and I had to pick them up :P (they aren't Singaporean, so I won't fault them too much I guess. Blame Murphy. :P) And it was the barbecue with my Chinese schoolmates that was the most fun and trouble. I popped by to see people, ended up helping them cook (you noobs! :P), and as a result, watched two girls get madly drunk, and spent the night taking care of them with the other guys. One went ballistically emo, the other was high and couldn't help giggling and using English 99% of the time. It was a loooooooooong night, and hard work. Kudos to the Korean Jun who brought a first-aid kit with Panadol, gloves and whatnot. As such, I had tons of work not done, fortunately there was enough time to clear them all. At times, I just feel so powerless at times... I was madly tired on Sunday as a consequence of the weekend.


The next week, we got to know our English presentation results. I scored pretty damned well, so that was awesome. Point of note was the "Fiona Xie Missing" article in the Chinese papers. Damn we're going to lose our number 1 TV hot babe. lol, oh well...

The winning Commonwealth Essay was published in the papers sometime around the second week or third week too. I read it, and it reminded me of the war stories I used to write for submission back in the old days. I was wondering if it were too violent to be published in the papers which gave me zero chance of winning at all... Haha. The essay was written very well, I think, if a bit abruptly-ended.

Third week: Sometimes the past resurfaces, when I want to bury it. At other times I dig it up of my own volition. Victoria Junior College will always have a special place in my heart. I am proud of the school for what it is, and the helluva fun times I spent in there. But my downfall also happened in those two years of my life, the life-crusher that was my 'A' Levels. From end of that until recently, my life was shrouded in darkness and fog. It's been, lightening up these few months, but I am sure I am not the same person I was right when I entered Junior College.

test coming up. must mug. here we go! Pwned the Econs test xD

Now, I was wonder if I have posted this before? This is just a thought of mine: Many times people surprise me with how much they have changed over the years. They have matured, as I probably have (a bit late?). and I used to have bad impresions of them, but they seem more successful than I am for now. Heh. my pride cometh before my fall, and I should stop my self-depreciation.

And, just over the weekend, was the Orientation (and Overnight, aka O2) Camp at PSB Academy. I joined it mainly because I wanted to have a feel of school life, to meet others, and have some fun. That was the main reason. Since I was running for Student Council as a nominee, I was actually required to attend the camp. But I would have even if I was not going for Council. So we nominees became group leaders, to be evaluated by I think the seniors and the referees during the games. We started off with icebreaking and typical camp-style orientation games on Friday evening, and proceeded on to the first half of the Amazing Race-analog, which was to find clues all around school at night. I must say some of the clues were pretty darned difficult to solve, others easy and stuff. So I led my team, the Black Mambas around, taking on suggestions from everyone along the way. We lost in the end though, perhaps due to fatigue, and some interference from some people. I was left questioning my leadership style. Well, I was high that night, and tried to influence others so, but there wasn't support from my assistant in this aspect (he works differently, and he helped me in many other ways, so that was good too). Anyway, it was good, clean fun and all, and we retired to bed and shower at 3am-ish. I ended up not sleeping because I went to play this game of dares with some other Singaporeans, Malaysians and stuff. I tell you, the Malaysians have REALLY CRAZY (and horny) ideas. Wahaha. I have never experienced close contact with females before, but this game, I did every damned thing. Even with guys... *dies* lol. It was crazy. And I became a zombie next morning.

For the second part of the Race, another nominee took over as leader. I relegated myself to last man to chase everyone on (the front wasn't opening up, and the rear lacked a bit of stamina IMO). We managed to make 3rd which was very nice. The clues were pretty easy to solve this time round, though, with adequate hints from our dear ref Zung. :) All-in-all, the camp was pretty much standard fare, but I met so many other students from our courses, and that's the biggest takeaway I got. On a surreal note, I never imagined I'd be dancing to Nobody (the version with all guys dancing to that song) yesterday, having seen the video before. I went home tired and aching, and on a semi-depressive low perhaps induced by my adrenaline ebbing away and the effects of green tea wearing off. Next up is the speech which has me worried. There is some fear about not being able to make it to the Council I admit, which would mean I have no CCA for the next school year (I'm used to CCAs, damnit! Kekeke), but this also means I can dedicate more of my energies back to the Youth Olympics.

I then went down to see the F1 (Singapore Grand Prix 2009) qualifiers since SYOGOC gave us free whole-day tickets to the qualifiers. I only went for the 1 hour race which was the main attraction for me because I am not really a motorsports enthusiast. I was still tired, and at one point in time I was actually dozing off. Well, just the see and hear the cars blast past me is a unique experience, and really brightened up what was left of the day after that. :P I did not stick around to walk the grounds, and headed for home after waiting for human traffic to clear up. On the way back I did see a Caucasian man walking around, handphone in hand, asking if anyone was selling tickets to today's race. So desperate... he looked drunk though.

And that basically sums up the entire frigging month. Jiayu aka JY signs off here.

No comments: