As it is, I am either too busy to write here, or just too caught up with my own things during free time to write. Wahaha. Anyway, seriously, past two weeks or so been a flurry of activities. There was my first and official Council meeting with the rest of the councillors, and boy, was it LONG. Like those 3-hour sessions back at SYOGOC, only difference is I was helming it instead of just sitting in as "yet another intern" frantically scribbling minutes. But it was pretty fruitful I must say.
Accounting quiz came along, then Math quiz over the next week. Tricky Accounting paper nearly had me stumped but I managed to find out my mistake in the last 10 minutes. After fixing it, 5 minutes to spare, yay. Maths was simpler than I thought, and the past two quizzes were certainly morale boosters, compared to the shitloads of empty, unfilled questions during my A's. I sacrificed going over to Anime Festival Asia 09 due to revision for Maths, and it pained me considerably. Also, the chance of going out on a date :P with Rain (not the Korean star, mind you! - though I'd kill to have just 1% of his Ninja Assassin physique) to AFA09 -> she was still sick so she couldn't make it. *sighs* AFA10, I WILL BE COMING! PLEASE DON'T SCREW UP MY SCHEDULE! :) Volunteer training for (Pre-Games) Workforce Admin Assistant also took place just last Saturday (21st). Very very fun bunch of people, bonuses including certain *ahem* cuties hehehe. :) But sadly, almost nobody signed up to help out at ITE East on the dates I signed up for. I'll have to work with volunteers from the previous batch who I'm not so familiar with. Time to make more friends!
Now, on to some other stuff. My heart swelled with pride when I was nominated to go for the Council of Private Education's dialogue session regarding the new website they wanted to introduce. But it came to nought when the nomination went through and I got a call telling me I didn't need to go, ostensibly from those MOE people. Oh well. In the end I heard there wasn't much, just showcasing the website and doing nothing to address the issue at large. Now with more news of degree mills coming up in Singapore, the entire trend is a worrying thing indeed... We local students need more protection of our money!
Among other things, the rise of China and her military, APEC (a taxi driver suggested to me we host it at Jurong Island - oh, the lols. :)) But there were jams in places where there normally weren't, so the daily lives of some Singaporeans were inconvenienced (that of retailers, too, especially at Suntec). All for the greater good, I guess. H1N1 memories - a 39 degree fever but I was lucid. Just feeling very hot. Tamiflu made me vomit first time round. What else... Don't seem like much at the moment.
Just can't let my heartstrings be tugged at.
Oh, and I managed to trap a mosquito (that had not fed; it was slim) inside a container sometime earlier. So I capped it to see how long it could survive without food and water. The result:
Day 1: Mosquito was highly energetic and kept flying around inside the container. This species (seriously looks like Aedes to me) preferred to hide near the cap.
Day 2: Mosquito was visibly weakened and flew much less, preferring to just stay and rest. It started losing grip on the curved walls of the container.
Day 3: Sometime over the night, the mosquito perished due to lack of food and water - I doubt it was air, the container probably could let in some air despite me screwing the cap on tightly. Plus the amount of air to consume is a lot considering the size of the mosquito.
I've got myself another sample this time, different species and engorged with blood. Lets observe...
Jiayu, signing off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment