Happy Deepavali season!
My mind's pretty blank now, although I'm taking the time out to make some post. Been slacking for 1.5 days now even though I have quite a bit of work to catch up on. And readings, too. Ahh, the work pressure. I've gotten so much so that I don't even browse The Straits Times anymore, and I'm supposed to be a Communications student at that. Hmm.
On to the nitty-gritty.
Some of my Scouting juniors recently ORDed, and being Commandos, they had a passing-out parade full of pomp and grandeur. I think I've mentioned how mine was, no pardes, no nothing, just to collect your documents on a quiet Monday morning, and step out of camp for the last time. I'm quite proud of these guys, and at the same time, I've always wondered what it'd be like in the one parade that you're actually willing to attend.
Hmm...
Then there was the Downtown East murder, which had me lamenting over the needless loss of 5 young lives (1 killed, the other 4 sure to be killed since they face the death penalty). These misguided youths paid for their errors with the ultimate price: their lives, their blood. It's really very sad indeed, but on the death penalty and murders, perhaps Chapter 8 of Starship Troopers can offer some insight. It relates Rico's thoughts on a murder and RAH's views on corporal punishment in general. Exactly what I went through in my mind, I presume. I end with a paraphrase of the last few lines: At least they won't kill anymore. That suits me, and now, back to work.
The law needs to send a strong message out that such things will never be tolerated.
Else, played badminton, catching up on work, lazy, Rihanna and Eminem's Love the Way You Lie is awesome... Many things, lazy to talk about them all. Itchy heart. So lazy... RAWR.
No comments:
Post a Comment