Sunday, January 20, 2008

When Hell freezes over...

Well, the Battalion played Ultimate Frisbee for games on Friday (new policy - to have games every Friday, set by our new Commanding Officer, Lieutenant-Colonel Rajagopalachariyar, or Raja for short). Reminded me of the short period of time where I was infatuated with Frisbee. I wanted to play, but didn't get a chance to (neither did I voice out my desire)... so it was sort of painful to our side go down with weird throws and stuff. I probably can't do much better, but hey... Ah, those were the days... (Deja vu - recurring line. :P)

Change of Command Parade for our Division Commander, from Brigadier-General Tan Yih San to Brigadier-General Tan Chuan Jin was also on Friday. Saw a couple of my friends from other 3rd Division units in-camp, since our parade square was used as the grounds for the COC Parade. Those guys rehearsed for darned lot of days under sun... damn man. I think I have mentioned this before, but I'll do it again: Parades are nice to watch, but definitely not fun to participate in. The mobile column also fouled up the asphalt, the tracked vehicles especially, doing the most damage to our roads. Lol. We won't be tasked to clean up the mess, I hope. Well at least I got to see the SSPH-1 Primus, the AMX-13 SM1, and the FH-2000 up close, along with some combat engineering vehicles, and the M113 Ultra and M113 40/50. It's not like I've never seen them before (I'm a military nut, yes.), but it's always inspiring to see them in action. Like the tank salute (turret swivels to face the reviewing officer, the barrel lowers as a form of respect...). *sighs*

*makes random note about Starcraft: Ocular Implants (the upgrade that increases Ghost sight range). Associated eyeball icon and ocular implants, and chose the correct answer: oculist (eye specialist?) in an English test in primary school*

On Saturday's instalment of the Guess show (hosted by Jacky Wu), there was the segment where the guests had to guess which girl did not go to party in clubs (for that day). it was woefully easy, IMO, because the culprit made a slip-up when she questioned a (probably) well-known term which seasoned clubbers would know. Her dance was, well, not exactly professional (after comparison with the rest) so it was pretty easy to guess. But only one of the artistes guessed it right. I wonder why. Was it calculated, because some of the guest artistes present were idols to children, and perhaps they had to maintain their "clean" image? Hmm...

This week's episode of Gundam 00 was awesome. New OP and ED (all good!), and what's this: Gundam Thrones! The plot thickens...

Other than that my life was spent glued to the computer. Boring.

No comments: