Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ein. Zwei. Drei.

The past week was exhausting! Even though my role isn't as physically demanding as the others in my platoon (I have to use general terms here, although I'd have liked to be specific), going out for three days' worth of exercises isn't that fun (although "out of goodwill" we were withdrawn back to camp for one night's rest. o.O). My Officer Commanding pulled a fast one on us, visiting my deployment site in the middle of the night, catching people unawares. Colonel Raja (My CO, see previous post) visited the site a few hours later as well. Some things happened... and I dreamt last night that even I had to write a statement for a minor event that occurred on my watch. Ah, whatever. Well our Proficiency Test is coming up next week, and I'm already feeling the blues (book-in blues not accounted for, yet). So busybusybusybusybusy... Nothing else to report on for the week, I guess.

I spent the extra hours on early bookout back at the VJC Air Rifle Range. They spruced up the place a bit with a painted wall separating the cosy corner from the firing lanes and stuff, but otherwise nothing much changed. It was a joy to return to my rifle (Feinwerkbau Model 603, serial number 308579 -> my first "wife", if you consider weapons as wives), to feel and touch it and engage the trigger. I found the flat-soled boots I used to use too, although I think I can no longer differentiate my shooting jacket from the other identical ones, because the markings have changed. Saw the juniors training, had a short chat with them, and talked most to Daniel. He's now the chairman, and a very good one at that. Looks like the team is focused and all set for this year. I wish them all the best! Although I don't really know any of the new JC1 people now, nor the current batch of J2s, since I didn't return to school to mix around much. My direct juniors have all graduated, too...

Random note about deepest and darkest fears of abandonment, of having no semblance of a future.

And yet another exciting episode of Gundam 00, although they only showed the Thrones at the end, and only Drei... Damn. World in Conflict is a wonderful game with good cinematics, machinima, and good gameplay thus far (I'm into the third campaign mission). A RTT (real-time tactical) game, they call it. Similar to Ground Control II, which also came from Massive Entertainment, that I tried on Friday at a cybercafe, while killing time. Go get it, people! :)

No comments: