My mom continues to haunt me with my various trappings, and I'm constantly reminded of my shitty self and life everytime I reach home. She makes it a point to jab at the fact that my younger cousins have now surpassesd me and have made achievements, while I'm just a loser. Which I probably am. I lost my temper today, and I regretted it immediately afterward. So much for having patience, so much for being unflappable.
Booking out later than everyone else sucks, as I discovered on Friday. Watching them go while I stayed back because (I guess it's punishment in a way, since it was pretty much our fault for not updating our stuff during the exercise) Colonel Raja wanted to make a certain point to my platoon commander, my heart sank and I felt really damned... well... sian (How do you quantify sian? It doesn't mean boredom in this case.) Well I enjoyed dinner though, since I met up with Reynard (one of my best friends, studying in Australia right now) upon booking out. The Belgian dessert shop (don't really remember the name now) at the Beach Road food centre serves really good stuff, I tried the waffles with ice-cream and melted chocolate dip. Mmm... (I don't usually go for such stuff though, but IMO it's good enough). We later joined Wen Xiang, and sat around Starbucks chatting.
For a loner like me, it is gatherings with familiar people that I enjoy a lot. My secondary school (Dunman High School, DHS) class (2A) gathering was on Saturday, and although not too many people attended (what, 8?) it was still good. We had lunch at Café Cartel (money fly away), and stayed and chatted for like 3 hours before moving off. Having nothing else to do we discussed our plans for one hour before the girls and the guys split up (Yen Ling followed us till her boyfriend picked us up though. She's still the ditz she was, but hey, how ditzy can you be with a GPA of 5.0, a perfect score? Is this all an act? Heh.). We spent time at the arcade, played pool (my 3rd time, I think, hehe), then had dinner at Marina Loft (the food court) and went our separate ways, me returning home with Reynard.
And then World in Conflict all over again. Whee.
I wish I can revive my drive for doing things, I wish I was as driven as Eunice.
Bookouts fly by real fast...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment