Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bring it on!

Now two weeks late, I'd first like to wish all teachers a Happy Teachers' Day. I guess my luck is in the people I meet. My teachers, all of them, and my closer friends (hence, the Inner Circle :P). Aannyway, farewell also to the Jurong Camp E-Mart Uncle, affectiontately referred to as "Garfield Uncle", whose bumbling inefficiency and quirky behaviour caused many a moment of frustration, yet a begrudging... how do you say... a begrudging like for this fellow. He's funny! Well, the new people taking over the E-Mart include a cute girl amongst them, so I'm not complaining. :P

The week was tiring, especially, since unfit ol' me can't handle more than 1x SOC in one week. Need rain on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, man. :) Silent Hunter 4 occupied most of my time again, this time with me editing game files to cheat. Muahaha. Can't stand the bugginess any longer. Anyway, there was a VJ Air Rifle Club (us the 05-06 batch) gathering on Saturday, to see off Maryann who leaves for the UK to resume her second year of law studies on Wednesday, and also to celebrate Mr Chow's 42nd birthday. Happy Birthday Mr Chow! The girls, whom I haven't seen in quite a while, look... pretty much the same. Haha. I must make special mention of Mavis, who looked pretty darned good with that little dress of hers, and the huge, black-rimmed spectacles. Wah wah!

After the gathering, I felt once again like I don't have a life... *sighs* Today was spent on gaming and Strike Witches. The plot got predictable towards the end with some effort on the producer's part at creating some conflict to be resolved in 3 episodes. I was correct in my prediction on all counts so far. All in all, despite predictable plot and tons of fanservice (with strategically-placed items/effects (e.g. fog) masking the sensitive areas of the Witches in nude scenes), Strike Witches is an enjoyable romp, something relaxing before I go back to something serious. Death Note and Gundam 00, perhaps? It was fun to know the WWII references (like Easter Eggs!).

Other than that, I think all's just... like that. I visited my new house for the first time and I realised the rooms are horribly small! Like, half the size of my current one. It feels almost like a prison... This isn't a complaint, just an observation. I'm going to to have to live there soon, anyway. Haven't packed my stuff. I don't want to move...

And I'm re-opening my blog once again. Renaming it, too. Lets see what you got...

Oh, and after so many years (8? 9?) of eschewing social-networking websites (like Facebook, Friendster... I know I have a MSN profile, but that's just that, among other blank accounts that I used to make because of online games, etc etc, like what, Zorpia?), I finally decided to make a Facebook account (blank for now, maaaaaaaaaaybe I'll do it up sometime) so I can see other people's profiles...

No comments: