Sunday, October 19, 2008

Settling In...

My first full weekend at new home. Lazy me didn't even get lunch today despite wanting to explore the other end of the road (away from the MRT station). I went to the Marine Parade barber to cut hair, probably for the last time until I scout out a good, new barber here in Paya Lebar. I'll miss the barber there, whom I've had my hair cut since Primary 2 (12 years), where the price of a haircut rose steadily from $6 to $8 (inflation? And $8 is the 'longtime customer rate'). Mr Shorty was my first fave barber until he left or retired (can't exactly remember when), then Mr Buff took over the shop. There was also another random Old Barber who cut my hair when Mr Buff wasn't around... then Mr Mediterranean came in and now I alternate between both of them depending on who's occupied. Mrs Hairdresser always remained there, never did she leave or change in my memory.

*sighs* Maybe I'll still go back there to cut. But to drive there = fuel consumed...

Episode 2 of Season 2 was good. Now we know Wang Liu Mei is a sick and twisted girl, and the 00 Gundam pwns everyone. Mighty cliché though, since the twin GN-Drives only managed to start up at the last minute and achieve operable synchronisation ratios. Only when the enemy was already going to bang up the Ptolemaios II. -> Can I say 'anime laws in effect'?

Yep, and that's that. Captain Tong (Yen Yen) finally arrived for her first day of work at my company, and she had a brief meet-and-greet just before we booked out. She's young, kinda cute and stuff, but IMO the first meeting was pretty awkward. She saw a couple of us during our exercise in Taiwan, and she tried to remember who those were. Well, I wonder how life goes on from here...

Signing off for now.

I'm started to get a little addicted to doing up my Facebook account. Just like how I did my Hotmail profile last time. Damnit! And I was supposed to eschew social networking... until I needed those photos.

No comments: