Sunday, April 05, 2009

And another 7 days pass.

Work was hectic yet rewarding once again, with the big thing being sitting in on Friday for a meeting between my manager Emma, and representatives from the translation company Transperfect. Boy, was the American aggressive! That's what I'd like to think, after ruminating over what was said at the meeting. Looks like they really want the deal, and the way he put it made people feel very comfortable, although like I said, he came off as a tad too aggressive at times, which Emma countered by telling him not to stress her out on a Friday. :P

Larissa and Jia Xin, the lao jiao interns have ORD-ed from the Village so now it's Sheryl (Chee) and me holding the fort, although we are supposed to have one more join us tomorrow. We were treated to a dinner to commemorate their farewell and thank them for their hard work (like, gokurosamadeshita sorta thing, hehehe).

Met up with Joel, my primary school classmate/schoolmate all the way through to JC. Talked about our fellow classmates in primary school among other stuff, and looks like he spammed friend suggestions on Facebook. Haha, it's been like so goddamn long since I've talked to some of them now, and Facebook is the platform that allows us to reconnect, I guess, and be aware of each other's continued existence and the like (sounds a little wrong, but that is how I'm putting it).

Apart from that it was EndWar pretty much all the way.

Gundam 00 has ended, and so has Toradora (haven't finished watching). Ah...

North Korean launched its satellite, but we have conflicting reports over whether it successfully made orbit or not. The United States and South Korea say no, Russia says yes. Well, IMO they wouldn't really dare to shoot it down unless it was on a ballistic flight path and not the spaceflight trajectory, I guess. It's too risky escalating the game of brinksmanship with North Korea...

That, among others that slip by my memory. I seem to want to rush through blogging theses days.

Signing off.

No comments: