Finally got to kiss my bed after two stupid weeks in camp. How nicee... :) Went to watch Red Cliff (赤壁) with my mom yesterday, too. It's an epic movie indeed... the battle scenes were shot beautifully, and everything else about the movie was generally good. Except for the fact that Takeshi Kaneshiro looks too pretty (even with a goatee!) to be playing the master strategist Zhuge Liang @ Kung Ming. Guan Yu and Zhang Fei looked exactly like I thought they would look like, kudos to the people who found these guys and their make-up crew for turning them into the much-loved characters in the Chinese classic.
My first foray into the Kallang Leisure Park too. There's this place up on the third floor called Memory Lane or something like that, chock full of antique stuff from Singapore's history, like old irons, claypots, memorabillia (CDs, gramophones, etc etc), even the Boys' Brigade cap badge which was selling for $25 (hey, I still have mine! :)).
Anyway, if you're ever watching a movie at Filmgarde@Kallang Leisure Park cinema 6, please avoid seat C11 because there's something up on the ceiling that keeps dripping (faulty air con piping, must be!). Kinda irritating...
I visited the doctor today to finally get something for the stupid cough plaguing me. There was a new GP (general practitioner, for the uninformed) at Faith Family Clinic, and he's rather clumsy. Like the bumbling cute of Mr Bean... He mistook correction tape for air con remote, and pressed at it to no avail, then when he left the office, the door somehow locked on him and he couldn't get back in! xD. He tried to enter from the counter side but he pushed the swinging door the wrong way and it jammed on him initially.
I couldn't help but keep smiling.
This is the happiest I am in two weeks, although I'm rather bored still. And I still dislike camp for the many reasons I've hinted at or outrightly whined about before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment