Sunday, June 07, 2009

Two weeks of firsts.

The past two weeks have been really busy, perhaps sickeningly so. I only left office on time for I think one or two days, the rest probably later. Volunteer's Day is coming up, and it took a while for me to get clearance to perform with some of the other interns (and with that, rehearsals and all). Caught two movies in a row in two weeks with my colleagues and stuff. Angels and Demons (typical Dan Brown-ish with twists in plot and stuff) with fellow Villagers, and just recently, Night at the Museum (2): Battle at the Smithsonian (funny family movie, gotta love how over-dramatic the villain and Octavius were) for which SYOGOC booked the whole of Lido 3, and had our Chief Operating Officer make a little speech before the movie started. Yup.

In between, went for an appreciation dinner of sorts (more for the foreign embassies and other parties who collaborated with the CEP people on the event) for the CAN! Event that I helped out in in April, and - for the first (and maybe last) time in my life, I chatted with our Deputy CEO, Francis Chong, about... anime! How often do you even talk to your boss or senior management about such things? Awesome, really.

Got my AYG volunteer deployment settled, all I need to do is settle my accreditation pass (a long story that brought about my present predicament, which is too troublesome to talk about here - contact me if you ever want details). Another first was me catching Lost my Music (Haruhi Suzumiya Insert) and Ash Like Snow (Gundam 00 OP2) at Taka's MOS Burger today. How's that for music? Nobody was really listening to it anyway, it was too noisy in there. But I heard it. :)

And SIM-UOW rejected my application. That took the fire out of me for a long while, yes, but I'm going to try for PSB Academy-UoN now... or something. Lost I have become, once again. It will be a busy month for me though, this time.

Vernon, signing off. (christened so by my colleagues, again. Heh. Not sure if I want to use it seriously.)

Your existences complete mine, my friends, Love ya'all. :)

Condolences to the family of those who died aboard Air France 447. It'f really freaky to have it disappear off radar, and from we have, it probably broke up in the air. That's a really shitty way to die... Bless you all.

No comments: