The planning for our inaugural event, the Grand Freshman Party, went on and ramped up to the extent that I stayed back in school till at least 1900 on most days for the past week, much later than even Week 3 (the previous week) of school. I was freaking out and worrying, although my plans were set in motion and updates disseminated to my fellow councilors.
Friday came, and... -WHOOSH!- It was over! There was no major screwups and a lot of my worries went unfounded! We had passed our first baptism of fire as a team! I am glad that it ran pretty smoothly and that morale was pretty high. I hope it's a sign of better things to come, for the other events will come in torrents. The only real complaint was that the food was too spicy, some people couldn't take it. Sadly, I could not do anything about it because it was Indian cuisine but I offer my apologies once again, here. The other thing was that the programme ran too fast, meaning I allocated too much buffer time for every segment, plus some other segments moved faster that I had expected them to be.
Overall, it was a good learning experience, and Lydia helped us a lot along the way. I got to play with my walkie-talkies too! Kudos to Student Affairs, my fellow teammates, as well as to my friends who signed up and appeared on Friday itself! I love you all! :)
That said, I returned to school next day for a leadership camp, which the school decided to call "PSB Academy Youth Leadership Camp" since it involved all the student leaders. Despite my main gripe of burning most of my weekend away (hey, I spent the entire WEEK in school!), I must say that this camp was good. I had many important take-aways from the camp, especially the session on personality type. I had finally found something that almost describes me to a T, and it's really one step to knowing myself - and others - better. We also discovered how communication is important in a team, and having a shared purpose and all. The trainers were effective and humourous, and we all laughed many times throughout. High Achievers (the company) did their job well...
Also, I got to know more people, especially the student leaders from the various clubs and associations that I might need to get in contact with in due time. People like Arkar Kant Kaw, the Myanmar Student Association (vice?) president, awesome rocker and "triad boss", Leo from basketball, so on and so forth...
It was a good camp indeed. But I had little of my weekend left! Heh.
And so, it's time for a little lull before I go into planning mode again.
*****
I'm still very confused and it disturbs me everytime I get a reference that points to them together. All my data collecting skills haven't been able to serve me properly; I need to level it up some more. Oh, thou that falls from the heavens, I pine for thee...
Yet some things hold me back.
I cannot help you with your work. But I'll help where I can...
Perhaps I should have listened to Reynard after all. It's not too late!
In other news, Semester 1 results are finally out. I managed to score an A for all 4 modules, so that's a godsend. The feeling of scoring As hasn't come by in a loooooooooooonnng while (since the epic failure of 2006), and this provides some temporary respite and vindication. I'm lowering my expectations for this semester, however, so while I not get distracted by *other* matters, I should still try my best.
I'm going for Singapore Airshow this weekend no matter what.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment