The week flew by rather rapidly since the first three days were still the holidays for the CNY period for us. Thursday and Friday droned by; with myself slacking off most of it. I got interviewed by more of my Year 3 Comms seniors for Student Council stuff (I did one with this Genevieve Lim, a rather pretty girl who's actually two years my junior, I got it pretty right the first time round but she bungled it by not turning up the mike sensitivity, on the second try I bungled because I thought too hard and there was a looooonng, unnatural pause. I canned myself for giving such a shitty interview even though the lecturers are probably looking more at the interviewer than me, reason being that I believe it's an entire package deal - the whole thing needs to look good - so if after post-production I still sound bad, I must apologise in advance). Went out to play L4D2 (Left 4 Dead 2) with Kelvin, Gen and some other people I don't know after that.
Friday was one of those debiliating sinus days that had me out of focus and just dying to go home for half the day. Friday night, I suddenly did not feel like anything, had nothing to do, no one to ask out, did not feel like touching my books, etc etc... there just wasn't motivation to do anything. I've been getting this feeling more often these days now, is something wrong with me? Heh.
Saturday, I went out for a good dinner with Reynard who returned for IELTS (in preparation for taking up Australian permanent residency). He's based in Indonesia now helping out with his dad's shipping company, and I guess he'd be taking over it once he's learned the ropes. Gotta call him towkay next time. :) Supper with him and two other pals, Kai Him and Tan Wei Quan, one of those bullshitting sessions deep into the night that I like. I do find my own discussions getting a little more serious, is the journalism thing rubbing off on me, or what? Ame-onee-chan flew back to Singapore early in the morning too, and I wondered too late if I should pop up at the airport to receive onee-chan. Such is the crazy things guys do even though the relationship is probably going to end up platonic, like the rest of mine with the opposite sex. Hah. I never believed in the horoscope/uncredible personality tests psychobabble about finding the destined one at all, despite the occasional heart itch which is quashed down with work or play. Right now, I am suddenly struck by a memory I had when I was younger - the silly fantasy that one day anime characters might come alive, or that I had found a portal into this imaginary anime-inspired world where I would have free rein - such a naive thought back then, courtesy of the bad influence of anime that held sway over me then. I'm still very much an otaku I guess, although I don't even watch any series nowadays.
The news this past week has been particularly interesting as well, what with the opening of the casino, complains of queues, and already, the arrests of people who either try to dodge the entry fee of $100 (for Singaporeans), underage entry, or resorting to theft after going broke at the casino. Sunday Times todya even followed 4 retirees around as they lost around $360 at the casinos... Evil place, that is. But cashflow into our coffers, it is. So it's good. I sure hope it doesn't become a social menace... which I'm sure the Government does not wish for as well.
Our well-performing athletes have also received their bounty, for good performance in recent Games/athletic events. Tao Li, after making some noise previously, seemed like a pretty happy girl now that she's gotten $40k from the country. While I'm in no position to comment/criticise, I cannot help but feel cynical. Well, I guess she and the other athletes like Quah Ting Wen and Goh Jiayi (the shooter) deserved their prizes after all, since they did put in quite the effort to secure glory for the nation, whatever the field of competition.
Friends, relationships, early marriages, woah. Friends who have goals, while I'm still going with the flow. I happened to chance across a primary school classmate in the Hot Bods section of the papers today. A quick search proved that my hunch was correct. It was her! How people have changed over a span of 10 years, eh? She's quite the athlete now specialising in I think cycling events (or was it triathlons?). Interesting indeed. And the time span. 10 freakin' years have passed by just like that. Man!
Gonna start getting busy once again next week, since preparations for everything are coming to a head once again. Hrmm... Maintaining the committment can be draining, but I see it as a necessity. Some people are amazed by it, but in my opinion I still feel I have not done enough. But move on, we shall. And YOUTH OLYMPICS! NO ONE'S GOTTEN BACK TO ME ABOUT ANYTHING NOW... damn.
And once again, I'm signing off on this very disjointed ramble that's been shooting off in all directions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment