Went to Changi Naval Base on the 9th as part of the Temasek Seminar pre-seminar visits. I wished I had gone on the tour to the UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Squadron though, heh. The trip was pretty standard, a presentation, then a tour on a Landing Ship Tank which I have visited before and a short ride on one of the FCUs (Fast Craft Units? The landing crafts, anyway). The stairs were pretty steep which made me wonder whether I would fall off if I was serving on board in a war situation. We got to see more of the internals, like the bridge and quarters, unlike the last time during National Day a few years back (or was it Navy Open House?) where I saw more of the weapons. Nothing much, other than a few talks with some of the military officers (the scholars) and bringing home a small goodie bag. Yep, that's about it. Slacked the rest of the day off.
Friday was Nationals Selection Shoot, from 1400 to 1800. Reached home at 1930. Shot an amazing 508/600, giving 8.4 per shot. Hmm, even Mr Chow said it was a great improvement. :) Hopefully I can maintain this. It;s my first time breaking 500! And if I had blogged all on that day, I would have blogged more but it's officially Monday mornign now (although I still see it as Sunday) and I'm too lazy to blog more.
Going on, Saturday. Shot like crap today, even coach said I normally didn't have so many miscued shots. Weird. Maybe I wasn't concentrating enough. Lunched at Mos Burger Parkway with Yin Cheng, Eng Keat, Daniel, and the two of the three VS guys who got selected to represent the VS team in the Nationals, and who were training with us during the holidays. I believe they are called Dennis and Yixiong, lol. Not too sure yet. :) Anyway I didn't make it to the team, which means I'll have more time hopefully to mug. Heh. Better make use of it. Hmm, For Air Rifle Male (ARM) I think only myself and Benjamin were not selected. I'll have to work hard yes?
Then Sunday (today, as I see it). Japanese lesson, then slacking. I gave up on playing Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter even though I had a joystick emulator because the game kept hanging, which vexes me. Hmm, bye for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment