Shit, I just realised that I didn't blog for 4 whole days. Now that's quite a lot of thigns to sum up in a single post, I'll try to do my best. Memory will limit what goes here though, heh.
Thursday
My handphone could be switched on! I thought everything was working fine until I saw some corruption in the phone data. The words were all over the place! Then the battery died on me. Oh well. (There's nothing more I can remember, the day probably dragged on). Then I hit the range and trained. Then the Exco called me in.. and everybody, including Mr Chow, shit-canned me. I was accused of having the wrong attitude and "not giving a damn about my shots". I queried what that meant afterward, and they told me that I did not reflect on the mistakes I made. Okay... I was pretty affected by the criticism and wasn't too happy for the rest of the day.
Friday
Charged my handphone, and was overjoyed to see it work! But there was a huge increase in battery power consumption. By the end of the day, I had exhausted a full charge. Looks like it needs to be changed. Went for the VJC briefing on the Taiwan Immersion Programme trip. Looks like it's going to be very fun, but taxing too especially during the two weeks that we have to play host. My Mom tells me to try for it. I'll leave it up to fate as to whether I get in, or not. Decided to watch the live telecast of MusicFest in Lecture Theatre 5 (LT 5) since I didn't have tickets, then went down to train till 1800+.
Changed my mind after persuasion from Yan Ho. We were going to sneak into the Performance Theatre (PT) to watch MusicFest for free! Muahahahahaha. We went up to the second floor (lower gallery, upper entrance) to find a way in but security was a little tight. So we went down, and tried it again later. Tried to reason our way through, he said that we were looking for seniors from the Photography Society but the SC guy refused to let us in. Then we tried backstage. When we entered, only three guys stared blankly back at us. Apaprently they didn't know who was supposed to be here and who not. Under cover of darkness we sneaked out adn exited from the curtains to find seats. Infiltration successful! We couldn't get out until the end though since we would not be able to return (the legitimate people had UV-stamps on their hands). Eunice Olsen was there, as was Willy Lau (Yan Fei's son in The Unbeatables III) and Rosalind Pho and this other supposedly famous guy whom I've never heard of :P.
Anyway, MusicFest 2005 simply rocked! The performances were all superlative. The Heineken advertisement is a reality! Songs, dances, bands, all damned freakin' cool. Hell yeah! Almost everyone who won deserved to win. :) Best of all, I got in for free. :P I hope I don't get killed or something after this post. Anyway, Jimmy did make me feel bad about it sicne he branded sneaking in a "despicable act". It's unfair to thsoe who bought tickets, but... oh well. :P The PT wasn't filled anyway...
Too lazy to post results. Oh, but Liang Hong really is a cool guy. I didn't know he was so good at drumming, he could do it blindfolded! I'm sure Yan Ho enjoyed himself too. :)
Saturday
Back to training. The male seniors went to CDANS and stuff so the range was emptier than usual. And the weapons lesser than usual. I waited for weapons and lanes more than I trained, but I think I did pretty okay... (I think, but my seniors may think otherwise. Gotta be wary of them now). Went out for lunch at Parkway Parade's basement food court, and chatted with Mavis, Pei Fang and Min Ning and went over to join Jon, Rhesa and Eng Keat later at their tables.
I want to run for the post of either Range Officer or Armorer. I hope there isn't any competition, but seriously that's a really impossible thing to expect. At least I'm not running for Chairman or something. All depends on the support I get, and the seniors... and Mr Chow. Hmm. Good luck to me.
Had dinner at the revamped Chinese Swimming Club complex. It was noisy there, and there was a bowling competiton going on. The food didn't change much, and then I explored the 4 levels of the complex. Interesting. Spent some time playing Crisis Zone but I died super-quick... Too bad there wasn't enough time to go for VJC's funfair held somewhere in Aljunied (Daniel Ong... please give more details next time! :P). I wanted to be part of the mass dance in front of the Prime Minister and the other ministers. Apparently VJC's mass dances are so famous that even the Cabinet has heard of them. Cool! But alas, such luck was not to befall me... when I finished dinner it was already 2045 (the fair ended at 2100) which was why I had time to explore the complex. Exploring is fun. :) Oh, and I took pictures of my '2100. I will really, truly miss it...
Sunday (Today)
Japanese lessons, C-Math tuition. I didn't know (Uncle) John-san (this Japanese lesson classmate of mine) was a Gundam fan too! Agreed to burn DVDs for him, the episodes he missed. Then I had an argument with Mom over tuition (I was always reluctant to go). In the end, I resigned myself to going and paying the fees for another 8 weeks. Oh well...
Ogled at Maxim, FHM magazines and stuff on my way home (Hey, every man does that... and Shell rocks! :P). Lol. Finally managed to pick up a copy of The New Paper. Interesting stuff they have. But one picture seemed to suggest that Rebecca Lim, the ex-VJC Year Three senior who took part in Miss Singapore Universe 2005 (and got 4th Runner-Up = 5th) that she was one of those who didn't look good. I beg to differ and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me... They didn't show her full picture but it was pretty obvious... At least the articles weren't offending.
My Mom also managed to trade in my '2100 for a spanking new Noka 3120 (had to pay $40, but I think that's pretty cheap :P). Hello, new phone! I hope I don't spoil it through my absent-mindedness again...
And that's about it for 4 days. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment