Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Simon and Garfunkel

Note that my title has totally nothing to do with my post. Who were those guys anyway? They sound familiar. Anyway, here's me, blogging about well... nothing much. Draggy day, flopped the interview for AR Exco (I basically answered the questions crappily and allowed myself to be shot down each and every time), now I'd be damned lucky if I got my post. Everyone else's interviews went fine, the seniors were laughing and making jokes and all... :( Gah. And I was the first to go on the line...

Flunked the Physics Lecture Test too. Despite not studying everything, I was pretty confident about it. But I took too long to complete the questions in front, and I missed out on the rear half the paper. Bloody freakin' hell. Hopefully I pass... If I fail Chow's probably NOT going to kill me, but it'll further worsen my image I guess. I'm so kiasu huh?

*sighs* So bored and sick of life and stuff. Sometimes it happens. And I shot well...average today. Scattered some shots on my white card (IMO, 7/20 shots were out) and blew a hole on my black one (a bit big for 20 shots, but I started re-sighting my rifle only on the 13th shot) which improved results a little.

That's about it.

News-wise, I am just lazy to comment on stuff even though I do think about them soemtimes. Well, just for kicks, the newspaper (The Straits Times) carried a report today that stated that the Taiwanese navy could hold off a Chinese naval/air attack for two weeks, and made it sound as if it was very important. What, two Kidd-class destroyers being the linchpin of the fleet? One Kidd-class shooting down 19 aircraft and 16 missiles before being sunk? The Americans and Taiwanese must have overestimated their strength. The Kidd-class is a pretty old piece of junk (the US built them 20 years ago according to the report) and I doubt even with modernisation, it could be that powerful. But then again this is a simulation. They probably projected some simulated Chinese battle procedures in. On the battlefield, however, things change. The actions of every individual shape the battlefield and may cause it to flow in a different way from that of the simulation. The report didn't state the parameters under which the simulation was conducted so I cannot comment further.

This concludes today's post. Tata!

No comments: