Friday, February 11, 2005

Cross Country!

We had our annual Cross-Country today! A grand total of I think 5.2 kilometres for us boys. I got in at 555th position (nice number yes?) and I think I took around 35 minutes (forgot to stop the timer). This reflects how lousy my fitness level has become, although I must admit I don't train for runs. :P We were supposed to represent our House, and class and CCA (for some) to run, and prizes were given out. So all of us people from Draco had this red furry thingy one a wire to use as an identity. I got one and another from a senior who was holding some extras, and stuck them on the rim of my spectacles in so-called 'dragon horns'. Only one person actually realised what it was supposed to mean. The others thought I was like, damned gay. :P

As we started running, (we ran after the girls), I heard girls laughing when they saw me. :D Yay! Then the stupid stitch came around halfway into the run. This was better than training where I stitched within a few seconds of running. But still, it hurts, and I struggled till about 4/5 of the route before walking...(it even hurt while walking) before dashing the last 300 metres back to school to be greeted by laughter again. :) Even the prinicipal laughed when she saw me :D

Then we gathered in the hall for prize-giving. There were three lucky draws, with prizes like bags, umbrellas, vouchers, windbreakers + track pants and badminton rackets and movie tickets and stuff. I wasn't really listening until I heard the words "guy" and "5" three times.
LOL. And then I realised I got a $50 Jean Yip voucher. Which was totally useless since I doubt I would go to a beauty salon. Furthermore, there needed to be a minimum purchase of $200 before the 'voucher' could be utilised. So I went up on stage, got the voucher (while wearing my 'horns' still), and then I heard one of the emcees say... "this guy is from... Draco..." So I did this totally random thing, where I borrowed the emcee's microphone, and said "Draco rocks! WOOOOOO!!!!" Didn't get too much response from my housemates as I bounced off the stage, but I think I can consider myself running for House Captain already. Hehe. Or at least, the House Committee.

Jean Yip (Sorry, no offense here) is the total antithesis of her company, a beauty salon. She isn't THAT pretty, neither is she very slim. Yeah, no offense meant though, just a reflection of mine, judging a book by its cover. So they say her daughter studies in VJC too...

After everything ended, we mass-danced (TWICE!) afterwhich I rushed to Dunman High with a friend using SBS (Singapore Bus Services, aka TransitExpress?) Service 31 and switching to Service 158. That route wasn't very fast and IMHO we should have taken CSS (City Shuttle Serivces) Service 608 but my damned friend refused to take it for he thought it was slow.

Oh well, whatever. We reached Dunman High, and I happily joined in mass-dancing, cheering, and singing the DHS and VJC school song with my fellow Dunmanians. Saw some teachers, had lunch, then went home and zonked out. :)

So that's it for today. I thinK VJC will remember me for quite a while now as that 'damned gay dragon'? :P GIMME A HELL YEAH! WOOHOO!

No comments: