Thursday, February 24, 2005

Good shooting! *pats self on back* :D

I managed to survive through yet another day of lessons. Still "failed" the VJC 2.4 km run standard of 12 minutes and 30 seconds. I hit 12 minutes and 54 seconds, but at least it was better than the 13 minutes and 14 seconds I had last week. Now if I can keep this up...

I say 'failed" because VJC sets its standards at "Silver Award" level, but that is also what I'm aiming for so I need to buck up. And there were things I wanted to blog about yesterday but forgot to do so. I thought of it earlier this morning but I forgot about it again. Anyway, after lessons again was AR training!

We were pretty slack today and some of the Year Ones (I shall not say who, but mostly rifle shooters) decided to leave early, for reasons unknown I guess. I stayed back with another Rifler to finish up (most of) the training regimen, including a unprecendented 40-shot grouping! I did pretty well today, punched a nice hole in the card today which means my shots are getting closer together. But there were still 7 stray shots which probably happened when I was too eager to let off the shot despite reaching my aiming time limit. Hopefully I can maintain at least this standard...

Oh, I remember now. One of the Year One riflers was selected to join the senior team in the NTU (Nanyang Technological University) Shoot on Saturday! Probably because the Year Two females had only two rifle shooters and needed one more, but it proves that she was the best (among the girls) so she was selected. Nice. Which probably also means that the rest of us must buck up if we stay in VJC. I think I'll be going down to Yishun SAFRA (ok, I'm not too sure what SAFRA stands for and I'm too lazy to check it out) on Saturday, accompanying the team, just to take a look at what shooting competitions are like (despite the fact that they say it'll be boring to watch).

Watched PHASE-18 today as well. Quite a cool episode. Reviews up soon if I remember. :) Tag me so I remember! LOL. :). That's all for now though, goodbye!

(And the bloody O's...)

No comments: