Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bah.

Long, sleepy day. Scraped through NAPFA Test (I forgot what it stood for but it's a test of physical fitness)... with the highest award possible now being a Silver. Hopefully my 2.4km run would bring me a D grade at least... (12:53). Did 42 (teacher gave me 43 :) sit-ups in a minute, jumped 222 cm in a single leap, did 6 chin-ups (sucky! I counted 7 but the teacher said 6 :(. ), completed 4 x 10 m shuttle run in 10.3 seconds, and attained a distance of 39 cm for Sit-And-Reach. Really srape through lol.

And I woke up in the morning only to have a cramp in my right calf. After the jump my left rear-thigh muscle cramped. Yikes. Not good.

Then the day dragged on culminating in everybody falling asleep during Geography tutorial. I lasted till 1520 before starting to fall asleep. Heh.

Went down to the range and shot, but simply couldn't focus. No idea why. The "keep a song ringing in my head" doesn't seem to work so well now. I think I need to shoot quickly, since I seem to have spent a slightly longer time on my shots, plus I must take note of my positioning.
Hmm, did a pretty-average 77/100 for 10-shot scoring, down 7 from my first high of 84. That sucks. And that's pretty much it for today.

Going to OCS (Officer Cadet School) at SAFTI-MI (Singapore Armed Forces Training Institute - MI = ?) tomorrow on a field trip. So even if there was a half-day off (VJC Choir got Gold With Honours at SYF Central Judging) it wouldn't affect me... :( *sighs*

Oh well...

"He told me one of the realities in life that has hit him hard is that death is the leveller of all things - whether one is rich or poor, beautiful or ugly, famous or unknown, successful or a failure in life, at death we are all equal."

- Pastor Quek Swee Hwa, Zion Presbyterian Church, in an online letter to his flock, about a message from Dr. Wee Kim Wee.

No comments: