Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Damn.

We were dismissed at 1030 tody (0950 for most of clasmates who don't take Chinese) because the principal wanted to like, thank us for all the support we have shown for the sports' teams matches and stuff, and we were in the top 4 for many of the sports. :) Ostensibly the main reason was probably so that the whole school would be free to go down to the National Stadium to support VJC in its soccer finals against the upstart MJC (no offense to any Meridians :) )

It was a very close match. Close and exciting, both teams played well. MJC with two national players versus VJC with one national player and the defending champion. We fought hard, and equalised even past the first set of 5 penalty shots in the shootout. But we eventually lost 6-7 on penalties and were national 2nd. Sadness was written on everyone's faces.

It was so excitingm we cheered hard, banged our drums and pails hard, shook our shakers hard... but alas, Fortune did not smile on us. I read on a book about commanders just hours ago in the library and it said that "Fortune is an essential part of any combat action" or something to that effect. Indeed, luck is an important thing.

I said 'hi' To Alvin, the Students' Council President but he didn't reply. Maybe he was sad perhaps my greeting didn't sound good to him. I don't know. I still stand by my action, being my normal, happy self and running away from my problems as usual. We must move on. If I offend you, Alvin, I'm sorry. But this is me, and I guess, in a way, I was trying to cheer you up. :)

We have to move on. And as for the Cheer Up Asia thing I mentioned a few blog posts ago, I finally found my second chance to sign up through the CT Council. Yay! :) Thanks guys!

That's it for today.

-Signing off with a little bit of wounded pride- :)

PS: Let's see if we have a half-day off tomorrow (full-day off is impossible because of the loss). And then there's the first out of three selection shoots for the Nationals. I know my chance of entering is slim but I'll do my best.

No comments: