Had my NAPFA 2.4km run today. It was slightly drizzly, but the weather was cool and nice for the run. Our PE estimaed that our times could improve by up to a minute or so. And so I pushed myself. Harder than I've ever done so before. I finished 27/43 in a time of 11:35, which I guess is not bad for myself, at least its a C and I can get a Silver Award for the test (my Standing Broad Jump dragged me down). I usually run around 12-minutes plus, closer to the 13-minute side though. So the weather plus my pushing myself contributed to this good timing. I was pretty much nauseous for about 30 minutes after the run, which Daryl (a track and field athlete so he knows better) attributed to me eating breakfast, and then running so all the blood is at the legs and not so much directed around the stomach. Thankfully I didn't vomit.
Strangely I did not fall asleep much throughout the day and was pretty awake. But I flopped my training making one stray shot after another and blasting a relatively large hole for 30 shots. I know I start out well, then get shittier as fatigue wears me down... Need to combat that.
Bought today's edition of The New Paper today (people buy it to read soccer news, but not me) because of its 20-page Star Wars special. Yay, Star Wars mania! I'm SO gooing to watch Episode III on May 19 or later. Anyway, I shall end with the Jedi and Sith Codes:
There is peace
There is no ignorance
There is knowledge
There is no passion
There is serenity
There is no death
There is the Force
-The Code of Jedi
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion
I gain strength
Through strength
I gain power
Through power
I gain victory
Through victory
my chains are broken
The Force shall
set me free
-The Sith Code
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment