Saturday, May 28, 2005

Interesting

Double post for Friday and Saturday

Yesterday there was a final briefing for the Temasek Seminar. It was regarding the field trip to Changi Naval Base and stuff. There was also this tagline competition thing with the theme Singapore: More Than A Red Dot. I was made the ad-hoc leader for this and was left to coordinate meetings to think of the tagline.

Mrs Chan gave us a half-day yesterday and we were dismissed at 0950, which meant just a Chemistry Lecture for me. I then tried to coordinate the meeting and we started off discussing. After that I went down to the range for the 1st of 3 Nationals selection shoots. I shot a 487/600, average 8.1 (down from 8.2 last week) because I was feeling nauseous throughout. Mr Chow attributed it to the heat (yes, I've now experienced first-hand the heat in the canvas jacket while in the VJ range) which I wasn't used to at all, being my first time in the jacket in the VJC range.

I was super-tired towards the end and very nauseous. I fought against it, but failed at the last shot where I triggered off too early and shot a 0. The shot grazed the top of the card. What a waste. Anyway, I probably can't go for the Nationals but I'll do my best.

Coordinated another tagline meeting at night on MSN, never before having sent so many SMSes in my life. This one was much more successful and we ended with a tagline out.

As for today, I trained, had to re-sight my gun because I think Li Zhe changed it but I sighted a lot. Too much and it wasn't really centred yet. This frightens me... Perhaps its my sight relation that's the problem. Ate at Parkway KFC after that despite having a mild sore throat.

Then came home and completed the download of Jedi Academy. Man, it rocks! :) And then had another meeting to discuss the rationale of the tagline. I tasked the final job to my deputy leader, Alan, who's a good guy too. Great ideas and stuff. :) Mr Ho Wei Kang, one of the teachers-in-charge, was observing us and in the end he commented that we were pretty good and far surpassed his expectations. That's a good thing yes?

And so this thing is coming to a close... yay! :)

No comments: