Friday, March 25, 2005

Orientation Two = blast yet not at the same time.

So, Tuesday was the day off, and then Wednesday and Thursday was Orientation Two. :) Not bad, we have so many days off. So I shall start once again by narrating the events that occurred during O2.

Day 1 (Wednesday)

We started everything proper at around 0900+. Received a pep talk from Mr Ho on CCAs, mainly for the second-intake students and then a scolding from Mr Seet who reprimanded us for our poor discipline. Whatever. It was so cold in the Performance Theatre that I couldn't feel my hands and was itching to get out.

We got to know the second-intake students who were attached to our class. Not bad, but mostly during the orientation activities I lost track of them. They were probably bored or something. I have to agree that O1 was seriously much more fun than O2, but probably because we already had a sort of tainted expectation and stuff from our earlier experience at O1. A lot of our classmates skipped O2 altogether after taking attendance.

So there was the CCA walkabout, during which I hit the Air Rifle booth and helped around with psycho-ing people to put their names down. The GP (General Paper) Society just happened to put its booth right smack beside us, and a few AR seniors had to help out there sicne they were GP Reps and thus, by default, members of the GP Soc. And there was this sort of competition. And then I saw A LOT, and I mean A WHOLE LOT of Taonannites (Peeps from my primary school) coming in as second intakers. Jesus! Ex-classmates whom I lost contact with, and stuff.

Stuck around during the afternoon to help teach the newcomers the mass dances and cheers stuff, and I realised I was pretty rah-rah during the gameshows and stuff as well. Damn. I kind of regretted not picking up the House Committee forms and at least trying for the interview. Ah, no use crying over spilt milk. I WANNA BE AN OGL! I WILL get the application forms and whack the interview when the time comes... Yes, hopefully I do not forget.

Sadly, the attendance rate wasn't too good, with people dropping off like flies throughout. By the time it came for the optional session to stay back and learn the dances, I think maybe 2% of the school remained. And then there were some student councillors (I shall not name who) who irked me. Bloody hell, they think they own the world. What the fuck is this man?

Since this thing was organsied by Year 1s, so yes, the HouseCom, CT (Civics Tutorial) Council, and SC were the OGLs. Plus some random recruits. The theme this time was some music stuff, and each OG group was actually the houses. Draco ended up as Pop, there was Rock (Aquila), R&B (Lynx), Hip-Hop (Phoenix), Disco (Ursa) and Country (Pegasus). Yes, and I crashed the Pop/Rock (we were allies) OGL dinner. Learnt the IS (Independent Society; originally meant to describe people who were neither CT, SC, nor HouseCom, but I extended it to include people like me, aka OGL-wannabes :P)

Learnt the IS cheer too! Here goes:

Superman man man man (mimicking Supeman's flying pose) Spiderman... pssht (Do the Spiderman web-slinging action with both hands)
Spiderman man man Batman... (cover face with hands like mask)
Who are who are who are we (thump left chest with right fist)
We are we are we are we (thump right chest with left fist)
we are... (raise right arm)
we are... (raise left arm)
we are... (raise both)
IS! (form IS with hands lol)

And then the Anglican High School (AHS) guy taught us the Civil Servants one... replacing the superheros with policeman (gun with hand), fireman (pretend to carry hose) and postman (giving out 'letters' with hands). Very funny and crappy. :) What a blast!
Had a blast there before leaving with them at 1935 and rushing to the airport to send Reynard off. He is going to Australia (Trinity College in Melbourne) to do a one-year Pre-U course before entering the University of Melbourne. He was my neighbour, and one of my bestest friends... so sad to see him leave. Now I won't have anyone to walk with to school, and to crap with. Sad...

Day 2 (Thursday)

They only taught the mass dances Whiney Whiney, Neutron and I Want You. Boring SC Mass Dance IC fools. They refuse to teach Tribal Dance still even though they have learnt the steps. Luckily I know a bit thanks to Carey and Kenny and Wee Siong and all those Year 5s who we were hanging out with during one of the O1 days...

Started the day off with this Amazing Race thing. Clear checkpoints, do stuff, been there, done that. Boring, and we had to take buses here and there, a waste of bus fares. One of our stations was outside TJC (Temasek Junior College) where we had to do cheers there. MUAHAHAHAHA> But sadly it didn't have the effect that we wanted it to have, because the TJC peeps went on their own Amazing Race too... only the Year 2s and whatever were disturbed by us. :P

Some of the newcomers were bored too... I can't blame them, and they were like, so damn beat and bushed. We had lunch at Parkway Parade before heading back to school, and moving off to the beach for station games. Met this second-intaker, who hailed from TPJC (Tampines Junior College) before coming here. He prefers the UC series of Gundam, hard to find these kind of guys nowadays... hmm. Anyway, my band only completed one station. At the next station, Sand Burial, we were supposed to bury as many people in the sand to form the word Pop (EASY!) but they wanted to dunk the station ICs (In-charges) instead. Anyway, we didn't play and just went around dunking people. I went to help dunk Alan (from DHS :P) and then suddenly got set upon by 3-5 people from behind, who sent all of us into the sea. Got salt into the scratch wounds on my arm, and an abrasion on my left leg. Ouch. So after getting wet, I too went around helping to dunk people. :P Didn't manage to dunk Elaine and Denys though, heh. :P

And then we mass-danced at the beach, cheered, and stuff. Returned to school wet, and headed straight to the toilet to wash my socks and shoes. I think the sand that I emptied out could build a sandcastle or two. Hehe. But there was still sand in my shoes and socks, which remained wet till I reached home at 2230.

After the prize presentations and stuff (Remy Zero and Rolling Stones from Rock -> Two classes shared the grand prize of $222.22 :P, cheering "222.22 ours ours... 222.22 ours ours..." -> people replied with "So what So what" and "We don't give a damn..." funny.) Pop got best group or something... Anyway I pang-sehed (isolated myself from) my classmates (like I always do) so I didn't share in the prizes and stuff... whatever.

Then, VJC headed down to the Suntec City Fountain of Wealth to mass-dance! Got to know a few other people on the bus, very interesting. And some OGLs even thought I was an OGL but were surprised that I knew the IS cheer. :) Hehe. They must have seen me rush along into the big group when they did the OGL cheers. I mastered it (finally!) and always rushed out after the cheer just to like show that I was fake. :P I really was quite rah-rah during the whole thing. Even Justin said at the airport on Wednesday that he never realised that I was quite rah-rah. :P Sia la... whatever. :)

We did it officially and our timeslot to do so was at 2030. We cheered, and did rounds around the Fountain. Pang-sehed my friends and classmates again to dance with people from my O1 OG who were mostly from House Pegasus... :P Ahh... it was really damn fun! But they only played the music for Tribal, Whiney Whiney and I Want You. Sad. Anyway I ate with the Ingole peeps after that, pang-sehing my classmates again and stuff. Haha. I am a mobile valence electron (fi you get what I mean) of my class anyway...

So I reached home and stuff (thanks Carey for the ride!). Missed a bit of Last Exile, and dozed off slightly during the last part of Kiddy Grade. :) Hmm.

Need to post reviews for PHASE-21 and -22 too. :) Will do, will do. :)

OGL Cheer:

Moving in, Moving out
Hey OGLs! Let's hear you shout
To catch the spirit we create
Today's the day we dominate
Say it loud, Say it proud
OGLs (are) OGLs
Heyy....OGLs!!!
(woohoos and claps and stuff)

Muahaha...

Oh, on another note, I just discovered that the faction I belong in for this online game EOC (Edge of Chaos) Online, the Alliance Navy, has won the game! After a long and hard campaign we finally took down Eureka HQ of The Third Way (TTW). Muahaha. Although I got killed in the final battle... it is indeed good news to hear. :)

No comments: